Sunday 27 April 2008

Far Flung

So this is the last night in the Uk for a while, folks, for tomorrow afternoon I take a plane to the West Coast of the U.S.ofA., where I have been summoned to say goodbye to an old house and hello to a new one. I'm taking a bedspread that I made myself from Chinese silk - one side a slubbed brown with rusty dragons, the other a lurid green with red and gold dragons - as a , plus flowers made of sugared almonds for the kids. And - of course - the Stephanie Dosen album which, if you haven't heard, you really ought to...

Meanwhile I went to the theatre last night to see what the other half's been working on for the past month, and it's going to be great. No question. Opening night is after my return so I'm essentially leaving the country to allow them to get their previews out of the way, and then shall join them in cracking open the champagne. Only fair, right?

I shall leave you in the capable hands of Ms Dosen, who I saw giving a marvellous performance at the Wilton's Music Hall a few weeks back. Stunning.

No comments: